Thursday, February 21, 2008

On the Anvil

What’s a blog without an introduction? Hence, here goes nothing…

I’ve been an avid movie fan as far as I can remember. A mammoth share of my life has been spent in front of a screen of some sort, and I don’t regret one bit of it. To put it in a more refined (read sugar-coated) manner, cinema is the one of the very few avenues that has let me imagine, made me think out of the box. Though my tastes have shifted and even matured, if I can say so myself, my love for the medium still remains the same.

And while we’re at it, a word about my tastes. I am absolutely open to all kinds of cinema. Though my exposure has been predominantly English and regional, of late I have developed an addiction for cinema from all ends of the globe. This might help explaining the fact that some or most of the content here will not necessarily be Hollywood, English or Indian. Genre-wise, although I’m definitely more inclined towards comedy, I enjoy action, romance and every other type to a good extent. Through this blog, I hope to share my views on what I watch. As a long term goal, I also hope to get people to watch ‘better’ cinematic fare.

Now that that’s been established, what about cinema am I going to write about? You’ll find the proverbial reviews, previews and the occasional favourites lists. Those apart, I hope to make this space a bit more unique by adding wild comparisons, discussions and the random opinion. Also, you can most definitely expect pieces on series, sitcoms, anime and other things that I view on a regular basis.

To sum it up, this blog is about cinema and almost everything related. All told from the humble perspective and grammatically incorrect and non sequential English of a quintessential movie buff. Don’t expect episodes from my life or other pieces of ‘creative’ writing… trust me; you’re better off not reading those. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone.

I hope you will enjoy reading this space as much as I think you will.

PS: Actual content will be posted pretty soon… I think. Until then, hurrah for fillers! \o/

2 comments:

The Ranting Human said...

Hurrah for fillers indeed! Now hurry up and post something worth reading, unlike some other bloggers *looks at himself with disgust*

Pradeep said...

Whoa, you're not in hibernation anymore!? Yay! I guess I've contributed enough to the blogosphere. Now to rest in peace and let this place rot!

About content... um... *points* Hey, isn't that Fred Flintstone!? *runs and hides*.

You'll have to wait a long time for this place to become more readable and less cornier.