Monday, May 5, 2008

International Cinema

A new month, a new beginning… and hopefully more activity.

Back in my second post, when I mentioned watching cinema from all ends of the globe, I really meant it. Although English (and by this I mean movies that feature English as the major language) movies make up the majority of my favourites list, there are these occasional foreign gems that you should know about.

And know you shall.

Cinema in other languages will now be tagged under the ‘International Cinema’ label.

Why international cinema? Because cinema isn’t restricted to Hollywood. And movie magic definitely isn’t. I strongly believe that international cinema hasn’t reached the average film buff yet, and consequently one misses out on a large repertoire of wonderful films.

In other words, I shall diligently try to add more foreign cinema entries to this blog. We already have a Brazilian sensation and a classic from Germany. More to come.

A word of advice: in case you do acknowledge my reviews and go ahead and watch the films, do watch them in their original languages, with subtitles. Originality is something that ‘dubs’ can never bring, however good they are.

2 comments:

Kshitij Sharma said...

i shall definitely take your advice...my man

Pradeep said...

Welcome.